Solid Waste Services
On May 20, 2015, the Village Board authorized a five year extension to the residential garbage and refuse collection and disposal contract. The contract will expire on June 30, 2020. Effective September 11, 2017, Groot Industries and Republic Services completed a buy/sell transaction. Going forward the remaining contract will be with Groot Industries. There are no changes to the garbage and refuse collection program, and residents have no limitation on the number of containers placed at the curb on collection day. In addition, there are no changes in the curbside recycling, yard waste collection, or brush pick up programs.
Cart System & Regulations
A cart system was initiated for garbage and refuse for all customers under the contract. Please remember that if you leave your cart outside it must be screened from view of the street. This regulation is no different than in the past when residents utilized 35 gallon plastic or metal containers. Please visit our Refuse Cart Program Page for more information about the cart system.
Groot Industries optional cart service provides you with an attractive, well-designed 64-gallon or 90-gallon container that replaces as many as four 20-gallon cans. These sturdy carts are easy to use, are resistant to animals, and make your neighborhood cleaner and more attractive on pick up days. Residents can also rent carts in addition to the one provided. The rental rate is $3 per month for a 64-gallon or 96-gallon cart. Carts are also available for yard waste. The fee for yard waste carts is $28.01 and you do not need to purchase yard waste stickers if you use a Groot Industries cart for yard waste.
Waste Program Requirements
The following locations are required to have garbage, refuse collection and disposal by Groot Industries:
- All single family homes
- Church Street Station
- Court J
- Fremont Junction
- Hartford Square
- Olde Salem
- Rainbow Point Sacramento
- Rainbow Point West
- Savannah Subdivision
- Tall Oaks
- Tanglewood Homeowners Associations
The Village and Groot Industries are dedicated to providing the highest quality service at the lowest possible price. If you have comments regarding the program, Groot Industries performance, or general service concerns, please call the Village at 630-823-5700 or Groot Industries at 866-782-5161.
Basic Refuse Rules
Thank you in advance for observing the following regulations and maintaining clean neighborhoods:
- Do not store garbage containers or carts in the front yard. Containers can be stored in the corner side and side yard only if they are screened from public view from the street.
- Building and landscaping materials can be stored in the front, corner side, or side yards only if a building permit has been issued.
- Do not put garbage, refuse, recyclables, or yard waste out for collection earlier than 5 p.m. preceding your pickup day.
- Please remove your containers or anything not collected by Groot Industries within 24 hours after your pickup day.
- Load your recycling bin properly so newspaper does not blow out all over the neighborhood on windy days.
- Do not locate compost piles in front or corner side yards and maintain the compost pile to control odors.
Move-Ins & Move-Outs
Please notify the Groot Industries office if you are moving out of your home or if you have recently moved into a home in Hanover Park so that billing records can be kept accurate and up-to-date.