Forms & Permits
The Community and Economic Development Department administers development applications for (1) Special Uses; (2) Variations; (3) Planned Unit Developments (P.U.D.s), Rezoning, and Comprehensive Plan Amendment; (4) Text Amendments; and (5) Plat of Subdivisions.
The Development Process generally takes 3-4 months to complete:
- Staff Review at an in-house Staff Development Review Committee (DRC) meeting (held monthly)
- A public hearing before the Development Commission, typically held the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7 pm. To view about the Development Commission, including the Schedule and Development Application Timeline, please see the Development Commission page.
- A final action by the President and Village Board of Trustees at a separate Village Board meeting held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. To view the Village Board agendas, click here.
Development Application Form & Guide
- Development Application Form (PDF): The development application form used for all development project requests.
- Development Application Procedures & Requirements (PDF): The development application form guide that includes detailed information for the process; public hearing notification and procedures; fees; permitting; and Certificate of Occupancy.
- Development Commission Flowchart (PDF): Illustrates the public hearing process for all development applications except text amendments.
- IDNR Agency Action Report (PDF): The Endangered Species Consultation Agency Action Report to be submitted to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
- Kane-DuPage Land Use Opinion Application (PDF): For development projects in DuPage County.
- Hanover Park Municipal Code: All regulations for development and improvement of property in the Village of Hanover Park.
If you are looking to remodel, repair, replace, or add new structures or additions you may need a permit. Please view the appropriate permit application and corresponding permit application handout below. If you are unsure about the regulations of your project, please visit Inspectional Services.
- Permit Application Submittal: Applicant or contractor registered with Hanover Park submits the applicable permit application form, corresponding permit handout(s), and any required materials for review to Inspectional Services at the Village Hall building.
- Staff Permit Review: Staff reviews the permit and all required materials to determine if (1) all materials and information are provided and (2) the request complies with the Municipal Code.
- Permit Approval/Denial: If all required materials/information are provided and the request complies with the Municipal Code, Inspectional Services staff will contact the applicant and/or contractor to process the permit fee(s) and release the permit.
Click on the links below to view the application form that is required for your permit request(s).
- Building Permit Application (PDF): The general permit application form for remodeling, repairing, replacing, or expanding structures on property. This includes improvements of principle structures (i.e., residence buildings) and accessory structures (i.e., sheds, pools, garages, flatwork, etc.)
- New Construction Application (PDF): The permit application for all new construction of buildings or other principle structures.
- Permanent Exterior Sign Application (PDF): The permit application for the repair, replacement, or addition of permanent exterior signage.
- Temporary Exterior Sign & Tent Application (PDF): The permit application for the display of temporary exterior signage and the temporary use of tents.
Please review and submit the permit application handout that is associated with your request(s). Note that if applying for multiple requests, more than one permit application handout may be required.
- Building Codes: Lists all international building codes that Hanover Park has adopted to set minimum standards for the community.
- Contractor Information & Registration: Provides information regarding contractor work in Hanover Park and a form for contractor registration and registration renewal.
- Fee Schedule: Outlines the fees associated with permitting and plan review.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Provides answers to commonly-asked questions regarding permitting.
- Inspections: Scheduling & Assistance: Outlines the inspection process and request for assistance services.