Hanover Park Small Business Assistance
To assist our small businesses during these extraordinary times, the Village of Hanover Park has created a COVID-19 Business Assistance Program to help our small businesses. The Village Hosted a Town Hall to present the program and answer questions. A recording is available on the Village’s YouTube channel. The Business Assistance Program has three components:
Expanded Outdoor Dining
Due to the social distancing requirements necessary to protect people from the COVID-19 pandemic, Hanover Park has expanded outdoor seating options to include areas such as parking lots. Please see Food-Related Business Resources for more information, including detailed requirements and application information.
Website development and online marketing
An online presence is essential as on-line ordering, curbside pick-up and delivery become more commonplace. The Village wants to make sure that all of our businesses, regardless of how small, are able to take advantage of a digital presence. Businesses need to claim their Google profiles and have searchable landing pages to be visible. On June 18, 2020 the Village board approved a contract with Mi Gente Consulting (MGC) for services to help our small businesses begin building an on-line presence. For qualifying small businesses, the Village will pay MGC (directly) to help claim and build a Google profile, Yelp and Yellow Page listing, business Facebook page, and build a basic one page website.
We will be referring businesses to MGC on a first-come first-served basis, based on completeness of the forms. We also ask that you submit photos of your business, products, and your logo. Once we receive your form, we will review it for completeness before we forward it to MGC. You would then be contacted by MGC to schedule a time to meet.
Free Logo branded signage
The Village will provide free banners (3’ X 8’) and sandwich board signs (double sided) with Hanover Park and Restaurant logos. Signs will be provided by ER2 Image Group, a Hanover Park based graphics company. Businesses can include a business name, logo, hours, and carryout information. Other information is subject to Village review. Apply online! Please contact Community and Economic Development at (630) 823-5783 or CDevelopment@hpil.org if you have any questions.
- Where can I find information about Outdoor Dining Criteria?
- Where can I apply for the free signs or marketing assistance the Village is offering?
- Do I need a permit to put up tents in my parking lot?
- How do I get the free signs and banners the Village is providing to businesses?
- What kinds of signs/banners are available to my business free of cost?
- Do I need a permit for outdoor dining?
- What type of marketing assistance is the Village offering to small businesses?
- What is the cost of the sign for the outdoor dining or sign permits?
- What else do I need to submit along with my permit for outdoor dining?
- How far apart do outdoor dining tables need to be?
- How long is the permit for temporary tents valid?
- Can I use the sidewalk in front of my restaurant for outdoor dining?
- Will beauty salons and barber shops now be able to use sandwich board signs?
- Can signs be put in the grass areas of the strip mall my business is in?
- What are the hours I can allow outdoor dining?