Hanover Park 60th Anniversary Fun Fact:
In 1846 it was called Ringgold. In 1873, it was Ontario. And awhile later, Ontarioville. It was the predecessor to Hanover Park. Although just a small portion of the original settlement remains today, the community played a large part in the development of the entire area.
The Executive House, in Hanover Park's historic district, is a two-story structure capped by a hipped roof. With tall double-hung windows, a central dormer and a front porch with turned posts, it is the first historic residence constructed of brick in Ontarioville. It's simplicity, symmetry and broad overhanging eaves place this house in the tradition of "Four-Square" houses with Prairie School influences. It was constructed to house the family of the executive of the Dairy Co-op, the single-story triangular-shaped building located immediately to the west of the Executive House. (History in the Making by Michael Johnson, 1990)
Executive House is located next to Ontarioville Park. On September 29th, the Village will be hosting a Corks & Crafts Festival featuring wine & craft beer tastings, a Paint & Sip class, craft vendors, food, live music and more! Stay tuned for more information.
For more information on the history of Hanover Park, visit hp60.org.