“Homes for a Changing Region” Housing Study:
The Village of Hanover Park has partnered with the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), Metropolitan Mayors Caucus (MMC) and the Metropolitan Planning Council (MPC), to look at existing housing conditions, trends, supply and demand, and develop a long-term housing policy plan. The study is called Homes for a Changing Region
and is funded by CMAP at no cost to the Village.
A website has been set up to keep residents informed and involved, and to obtain feedback. You can get more information about the study, view all documents, take a survey, provide input, and stay informed about next steps at this link: http://nwdupage-homes.com
What has been completed so far?
- A community Assessment Report has been completed.
- On November 30, 2015, a Community Workshop was held.
- Presentation was made about national, regional and local housing trends that will shape housing in the community over the next 30 years
- Feedback was received from attendees regarding what they like most and least about their neighborhoods/community, the most important housing challenges and opportunities in Hanover Park, and what was still missing, to help guide recommendations for the future.
- A visual preference survey was taken, and results have been posted.
- Based upon feedback received (and continuous input is still available via the website), recommendations will be made and presented.
- Visual preference survey and feedback can still be provided via the website, and results will be incorporated with input received previously.
Please check the website for updates and any upcoming meetings/presentations.