I am selling my home in Hanover Park, what do I need to do?

All residents selling their home in Hanover Park need to purchase a Transfer Tax Stamp prior to the closing.

The homeowner, realtor, or lawyer must call the Finance Department at 630-823-5790 at least 3 business days prior to the closing to request the Stamp (No walk-in requests will be honored). When purchasing the stamp, you will need the MYDec or PTAX-203 form and the Village of Hanover Park’s Real Estate Transfer Tax Declaration form, and the Deed. You can email all of these documents to financedepartment@hpil.org 

All outstanding monies due to the Village must be paid prior to obtaining a transfer stamp. This includes tickets, invoices, liens and judgments, and a final water bill.

Show All Answers

1. Am I eligible for the Discounted Rate for the Infrastructure Service Charge?
2. When is my water bill issued and/or due?
3. How do I Sign up for Water and Sewer Service / Add a Tenant to my Water Billing Account / Make Changes or Update information on my Water Billing Account / Sign up for Auto Payment Bank Drafting?
4. What happens if I don't pay my water bill by the due date (21st of the month)?
5. What do I do if I receive a Termination Notice?
6. I am selling my home in Hanover Park, what do I need to do?
7. Do I need to purchase a transfer stamp for a quick claim deed?
8. How do I pay for my Parking Ticket?
9. What if I receive a letter or call from a Collection Agency representing Hanover Park?