Reporting a Problem

Please contact the Public Works/Engineering Department to report a problem. In case of after hour emergencies, please call the police department.

Problems to Report

Please report any of the following problems:

  • Flooding
  • Missing Street Signs
  • Sidewalk Complaints
  • Water Main Breaks
  • Sanitary Sewer Backup - The Village will check the sewers to determine if the backup is in the sanitary sewer mains and will let the resident know whether or not the problem is their responsibility. Homeowners are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the sewer service from the house to the main sewer line. Homeowners are encouraged to call the Village prior to calling a plumber.
  • Water Taste/Odor Problems - During the summer months some water customers have noticed a distinctly different taste and odor to the water. The quality and purity of the Lake Michigan water supply is in no way affected by this change in the taste. The "earthy" taste results from an increase in the temperature of the Lake Michigan water which causes an increase in the algae growth. A temporary solution to this problem is to store your drinking water in the refrigerator.

Street Outages & Backyard Drainage Complaints

Please report problems related to drainage and streets light outages as follows:

  • Drainage Complaints - The Engineering Department will provide technical assistance to homeowners for correcting backyard drainage problems. One of our Engineering Technicians will make a field inspection and advise the property owners as to how they might best address the problem. It should be noted, however, that the Village itself does not enter onto rear yard private property to do the actual work.
  • Streets Light Outages - Providing an accurate description of the street light location will ensure timely repair by the Village's contractor. Outages are normally corrected within 7 to 10 days.